Top 10 Things You Must Know About CBDadmin
Many people are now discovering the benefits of CBD oil. CBD is a cannabinoid which is basically chemicals found in the cannabis plant. Some of these cannabinoids contain traces of oil.
One of the most well-known compounds of the cannabis plant is THC or tetrahydrocannabinol. Once the THC is broken down by heat and ingested, it can create a high. Although THC and CBD both come from the cannabis plant, it is only THC which is mind altering and gives you a high.
Although more people are becoming aware of the health benefits of CBD oil, many still associate it with marijuana and getting high.
Some of the many known health benefits of CBD oil include pain relief, reducing inflammation, anti-acne, and an antidepressant.
CBD is typically extracted from the cannabis plant as an oil or a powder. The oil or powder can then be mixed with a gel or cream that can be rubbed onto the skin or ingested orally.
For first time buyers of CBD oil, it can be a bit of a challenge, as there are many things to consider as CBD oil can come in many different forms. There is also a vast number of different products and brands on the market.
In order to get the CBD oil that best suits your needs, the two most important things to consider are the strength and concentration. Other factors to consider include purity and the volume of CBD oil within the product itself.
This infographic designed by Nganic provides the top 10 Things to look for when buying CBD oil and is a terrific resource for rookies and those experienced with CBD oil.
Cannabidiol (CBD) oil has become increasingly popular as a natural way to help people try to manage pain, reduce inflammation, and cope with anxiety.* Though the number of prescriptions has risen sharply in the United States over the past 20 years, many Americans are trying to limit the number of prescribed drugs they take – instead, searching for all-natural solutions to the aches, pains, and discomfort they begin to face as they age. For many of them, CBD oil is the solution they’ve been looking for. But not all CBD oil is created equal, meaning finding the right CBD oil could just be the most important part of their journey.
1. Where Was the Hemp Grown and What Might Be In It?
Types of Cancer Linked to Pesticides/Herbicides1
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Multiple myeloma
- Soft tissue sarcoma
- Cancers of the skin, lip, stomach, brain, prostate
Because of the potential dangers of these chemicals, the list of organic products people should seek out absolutely includes hemp – and the only way you can be sure that the CBD oil you buy is pure and free of foreign substances is by purchasing CBD oil from an organic source that can be traced all the way back to the field.
Key Factors in Sourcing
- Organically grown
- Grown in the United States
- Transparent seller
2. How Much THC Is in the CBD Oil?
Benefits of CBD with Less Than 0.03% THC
- No failed drug tests (if zero THC)
- No fear of mind-altering affects
- Complies with the guidelines of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
3. What’s the concentration of CBD in the Product?
If the concentration of CBD is not listed, use the following formula to help guide your purchase:
- Total amount of CBD (in mg)/volume of container (in ounces) = concentration level
- Example: 1,500mg CBD/4 ounce bottle = 375mg/oz.
4. How Do We Know the CBD is Potent and Pure?
ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Accredited Laboratories Should Test to Ensure the CBD is Free Of:
- Residual solvents (from the extraction process)
- Bacteria and fungus
- Foreign matter
- Heavy metals
5. How Much Total CBD is in the Product?
6. How is the CBD Being Extracted?
Benefits of CO2 Extraction:
- Ensures high quality
- Uses no harsh solvents/chemicals
- Free of butane & propane, and ethanol
- It’s a standard solvent, widely used for foods and dietary supplements
7. Is There Any Accountability?
8. Is the Company Hiding Something?
It’s important to search for CBD products that are sold legally, with full transparency and accountability. There are myriad shady businesses, false claims, and products of inferior quality in the supplement industry. Finding a transparent CBD company is the first step to finding an ethical CBD company.
9. What Are They Claiming?It is a strict violation of the Food and Drug Administration DSHEA guidelines to make medical claims about the efficacy of CBD products in the treatment of any medical condition or symptom. Although preliminary research has shown tremendous promise of CBD oil helping people in pretty remarkable ways, legitimate CBD companies will refrain from making any direct medical claims. Be very wary of companies that defy this guideline, because if they disregard this particular rule, what other rules are they willing to ignore?
10. Is Cheaper Always Better?
Reasons Higher-Quality CBD Oil May Cost More:
- Organically grown
- Extracted using the CO2 method
- Higher concentrations of CBD
- Grown in the United States
- Tested in third-party labs
- The company is following rules/laws
- Made from high-quality, full-spectrum extract, so other beneficial compounds are present